Please sign my GUESTBOOK!! I paid extra so no ads will be sent to a posted email.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Sunrise on Memorial Day in the Sinai


Hello All!!

Went in the QRF Cage on Duty here in the Sinai.  Just a nice view from the "Dog-Pound" as the sun rises over the Red Sea.  The barracks in front of us lead to the beach.  The vague island in the background is Tiran Island.  We awoke to another hot day!!

My thought for the day is a familiar one.  I have been writing my brother's students at Glenfield Middle School, and the one memory of Memorial Day that has always stuck with me was a quote from a c-ration box that was sent home during the Vietnam War.  To paraphrase: "The taste of freedom is not so sweet for one who does not know what it means to sacrifice himself in defense of it."

On this Memorial Day, I would like to thank all of those who know the sacrafice of service to this great country.  This would include all the wives, mothers, fathers, children, and soldiers that I know.  

On that note,  enjoy the barbeque and beer, and have a great day!!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Thank you my brother for also putting yourself in a position of service and sacrifice for our country.

Christin and I did enjoy some good ol American celebration of this Memorial day with a visit to Chicago's downtown and Navy Pier. We finished the day watching the Detroit Red Wings dominate the Penguins in the second game for Sir Stanley's Cup. Wings lead the series 2-0!