Please sign my GUESTBOOK!! I paid extra so no ads will be sent to a posted email.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Water Safety Instructor Day


I actually got to sleep in today!!  When I did get up, I had to take one of the Humvees in for weekly service and safety checks.  I actually got called out of that duty a little early because they needed me to be a Water Safety Instructor at Herb's Beach!!  So instead of gooey, uckey, 90-weight motor oil all over me, I got to go be a "Baywatch" guy at the beach.  We swim in near the reef and provide instruction and safety training to soldiers that have a hard time swimming.  I got to drag one of those silly red safety floats around behind me while I was swimming and I really looked the part.  Well, not really, as I have about a keg instead of a six-pack, and I am pretty naturally buoyant in this water.  The salt is hideous.  The saving grace is that there are a ton of colorful fish, sting-rays, and decorative coral all along the inlet that we swim in.  The beach is also quiet and cozy after you swim for a while.  I sat on the beach and had my lunch of a power bar and some bananas, and washed it all down with a cool bottle of warm water. MMMMMMM...Yummy!  Anyway, it is back on duty later tonight for another shift in the DOGPOUND!!  QRF is not that bad.  There is internet, and ESPN.  This is almost like a payed vacation, except I would want to play with my kids at the beach!!  That would totally rock!!

No comments: