Please sign my GUESTBOOK!! I paid extra so no ads will be sent to a posted email.

Friday, September 12, 2008

The river Jordan at its beginning!!  My visit to the Holy Land is underway!!  We have been across the Sea of Galilee on a wooden boat, fished in the "old style" with nets, and visited more churches and holy sites around Cana, Nazareth, Capernum, Tiberius, and other cities.  I think I even had a burger from the same McDonalds used by the Disciples, but I am not sure!!

The Holy Land is amazing.  It is really surreal to see all of the sites and so many different people from different cultures all reverently visiting the different cathedrals, mosques, and other temples.  It is hard to believe that people have fought for this land for centuries.  People here are pleasant and smiling.  There seems to be no undercurrent of hate or animosity!!  I am looking forward to seeing Jerusalem in the morning.  We are headed back to Egypt when we are done, and I will visit the Pyramids at Giza and get some more pics.

No comments: